Help: Remove Yahoo! Mail email account

1. kveldalf

kveldalf Member

In the My Accounts app on the Droid X, I added a Yahoo! Mail email account to show someone as an example how easily it was to add a Yahoo! Mail account. Afterwards, I went to Remove account, but was met repeatedly with "Error Removing Account: An error has occurred. Please try again."

I want to get rid of this Yahoo! Mail account without having to bloody reset the whole device.

1.) Model Number: Droid X
    2.) Firmware Version: 2.1-update 1
    3.) Baseband Version: BC_C_01.09.04P
    4.) Kernel Version: 2.6.29
    5.) Build Number: VZW

Advertisement
  2. kveldalf

kveldalf Member

Solved
    I plugged the phone into my computer, and removed the Yahoo! folder and subfolders from the phone's SD card. I unmounted and unplugged the phone, and then went to the Accounts settings on the phone and tried the delete account, and voila, the account deleted as desired.
  3. dprk

dprk New Member

What if you don't have the Yahoo folder on the SD card but are receiving this error? It's really annoying that I can't delete this account!
  4. dprk

dprk New Member

SOLVED

So since I could not manually delete the folder, I found a different way to remove the account.

Settings > Accounts > Yahoo! > then I unchecked all services (Contacts, Email). Once I did that a notification came up saying "All services have been removed, the account will be deleted".

Hope this helps.
  5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Moving thread to the Droid X Support forum...