Help! Replace/upgrading the microSD cardTips

Last Updated:

1. tresveces

tresveces Member

Friends,

I need help/advice on replacing my microSD card.

I got a 16GB SanDisk MicroSD/MicroSDHC card to replace the factory 2GB card. I know where the factory microSD is ... behind the the battery.

But I got 2 problems: first, the SanDisk mircroSD/MicroSDHC card is visibly smaller than the factory MicroSD card. Is it going to be a problem?

Secondly, how do I take off the factory microSD card? do i need to push a plastic button somewhere to loose a coupling clip? do I just pry it off with brute force?

Thanks a million in advance!

update: thanks db2 for the help! Now I got the new microSD card in with 14GB to spare!

Advertisement
  2. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Just push the old one in slightly, when it clicks let go and it'll fly out like a shot. From the end. You don't even need to take the battery out to do this.

Put your new one in by reversing what you did to get the old one out.

FYI all SD/MicroSD slots work this way.
    tresveces likes this.
  3. tresveces

tresveces Member

db2: you are absolutely right!
  4. Owyn_Merrilin

Owyn_Merrilin Member

Not quite all. Most do, but some of them are just held in by pressure -- you push on the card to insert it, and pull on it to remove it. It's common with USB card readers and cheap phones and mp3 players. Always try pushing first, though. You don't want to break the spring thinking it's the kind that doesn't have one.
  5. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Well-Known Member

The Rise/Hydro support up to 32 gb cards.
    daffyducknj likes this.
  6. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

I have a 16 gig in mine, it works great.