Help! Replacement phone stuck after restore

Last Updated:

1. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone is stuck on "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." If I hit "force close," the screen just keeps popping back up. I've powered off twice and even pulled the battery. My only other idea is to force into factory reset during reboot. ??

Advertisement
  2. Amrov

Just did a factory reset, started over. It let me do that. Problem is back now after a reboot. The problem is arising after I restore my apps & data using MyBackup Pro -- although I've used it with no problems before.

3. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

It's possible that something in the backup is corrupt and is causing issues when you're restoring data and apps from that backup. Do you have an older backup that you may be able to try?

4. Amrov

Head slap -- I think I figured it out. In the middle of my 3d factory reset, I got the OTA 2.2 update. I then realized what the problem was -- my old phone was on forced 2.2. When I restored the system settings from my old phone onto my new phone (2.1), there was a conflict. After I did the OTA update on my new phone to 2.2, and then restored again, all was well.

Seems so obvious now, but at the time I just wasn't thinking of OS conflicts when restoring my user data.

5. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

LOL.... Congrats on the Eureka moment. Those are always nice to have.