Help replacing digitizer???Support

Last Updated:

1. 14mymego

14mymego New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,
    My 14yo daughter worked a summer job during the school break and with her hard earned $$ she purchased her "baby"... a Samsung Moment SPH-M900. She is so proud she bought it with her own money & you couldn't pry it from her fingers. Well... to get onto my subject matter; three weeks later (and on her 14th birthday) she accidently dropped it and shattered the glass lens over the lcd touch screen. Imagine her disappointment! Surprisingly, everything on the phone still works. We've obtained a few repair quotes, but $100 to $120 is a bit out-of-budget for her and us (parents) at this time. However, I did order a replacement digitizer I found on line by OEM for $25 that comes with two tools for the job. I am an experienced modeler as well as electronic savy yet my daughter is very reluctant in allowing me to do surgery on her baby. Can anyone instruct me on this proceedure or direct me to a site with schematics and/or details of the repair to help ease her conscience?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

I've moved this to the Moment forums where the users there can better assist you.

14mymego likes this.
  3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear what happened.

That's why I still strongly believe in landyard loops for phones. Too many phones these days are made without them...

Hope you get it fixed.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

latinmaxima likes this.
  5. 14mymego

14mymego New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you gentelmen. I have a much better perspective on the repair at hand.

6. simpat1zq

simpat1zq Active Member

It's pretty easy. When I did it, I was able to get a phone with no motherboard, so that made it VERY easy. I was able to pull the motherboard out of mine, and put it in the other one, took about 20 minutes. If you just replace the touch screen, the hardest part will be getting the touchscreen off, since it's glued on.

But I was able to get that one for like $30. They're not as cheap now. Let me know if you need any help with it.

7. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

With patient use of a blow drier, the glue is no problem at all.