[help request] milestone a853 latin america root

Last Updated:

1. mkaiser

mkaiser Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings everyone, mkaiser here,

Been reading around the forums regarding ROOT and 2.2 FROYO,

i bought my milestone A853 1 month back,
    been playing around, been installing apps, reset and so on with this phone,

truly happy to havve switched from WM to Android, by far the perfomance is amazing, course comparing my milestone A853 to my brothers iphone 4, the mobile phone itself differs a lot in the graphics and speed,

but apps are free !! HELL YEAH!! my bro has to pay 0.99$ USD per game or so per app to download hahahaha,

anyways, my point is as follows, i wish to ROOT my MILESTONE A853, here is the deal, i Read the guide http://androidforums.com/milestone-...ot-guide-updated-20-55-bst-aug-31-2010-a.html

but like it says its been tested for UK, mine is LA, been looking around for LA root guide (LATIN AMERICA) and so far no luck in google, either i lack more focus browsing/searching or there isnt ~ hahaha

so am humbly asking you guys if you guys could help me,

INFO on my mobile phone
    MODEL - A853
    FIRMWARE - 2.1-UPDATE1
    FIRMWARE CONFIGURATION VERSION - GAS_LA_USASHLSRETLASLAT_P003
    BASEBAND - 3GSMEPU91A_U_91.07.50i
    BASEBAND CONFIG - USASHLSRETBRLA02C.0R
    KERNEL - 2.6.29.OMAP1 BMQR67@CA25RHE74#1
    BUILD - SHLA_U2_03.06.0

hope you can guys can show me the right guide or teach me how to root LA MILESTONE! please!

thank you very much in advanced

Advertisement
  2. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

You can use Universal Androot to root your phone. Download it from here. Place the apk file on your sd card and install it with QuickOffice or Astro File Manager. After that you should see the Universal Androot app in your app drawer. Open it, select "do not install superuser" from the drop down menu and then tap the "root" button. Then open Market and install the Superuser app by ChainsDD and you are done. :D

mkaiser likes this.
  3. mkaiser

thanks, will try that out!

i guess that means u have non uk milestone as well then ?

4. mkaiser

so any rom for milestone works? cyanogen is the best ? does it work well for Milestone? or GOT?

5. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

I have the south east asia milestone. Also I wrote OpenOffice instead of Quickoffice (was sleepy when I wrote that :eek:) and I have corrected that now. Quickoffice should come pre installed with Milestone and can also be used to install apk files.

Anyway, if you want to try custom roms you will first have to flash the vulnerable recovery using a software called RSD Lite. Latest version is 4.9 I believe. To flash the vulnerable recovery sbf, boot your phone into bootloader mode by turning it off and then turning it on by pressing the dpad up button + power button. Then connect it to your PC and let the drivers install. Then open RSD Lite, browse to the vulnerable recovery sbf file and click on Start. When the "rebooting phone" message appears, press and hold the dpad up button so the phone boots to bootloader mode again and RSD Lite will show "PASS" which means the vulnerable recovery was flashed successfully. This video shows just how easy it is to flash the vulnerable recovery. :D

Cyanogenmod is available in update.zip format and you will need Open Recovery to install it. Have a look at this thread for more info - Open Recovery v1.45 [10/19/2010].

mkaiser likes this.