• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Requested: Updating BT

As I imagine many people are, I'm frustrated by the shamefully poor Bluetooth support on such an otherwise outstanding device as the Droid Incredible. Specifically Im looking to connect a Wiimote.

Before you ask, as I know you must, my phone IS now rooted.

I've been looking into my options as far as upgrading the Bluetooth drivers, but now im having... a bit of a dilemma. I've had my device, unaltered, for some time now and I've learned to love Sense UI/Froyo, and I'm not at all eager to give them up. Is there a simple answer? Perhaps an update for Bluetooth that works with the stock software?

If it MUST come down to upgrading from Sense UI/Froyo I ideally would like to keep things as stock as possible, I do actually use HTC widgets and all 7 home screens, I NEED Skype to not be hindered (Have family in China), and I really don't feel like rebuying a GPS, amoung other things.

Help and/or Suggestions would be most appreciated.

Upvote 0
It is really pure vanilla without launcher Pro, which does help. And I did get Fancy Widget. Do have some minor complaints about the ROM now that I've played around with it though, Unless im mistaken no HDMI Video Capture, or TV Out support... can't find an HTC-Like Calender widget, call the wahmbulance. Minor complaints but they are added to my distaste for vanilla. Where might I go from there?

Upvote 0
Well now we're talking, Mix of Launcher Pro w/Icons, Better Keyboard, Fancy Widget, Pro Amp on top of CM6.1 is giving me exactly what im looking for. Haven't tried the TV out yet (Still), but I'm getting the hang of things.

One Issue I did hit though, my battery is being sucked dry, I've got something like a 2300mAh battery from HTC so NBD, but battery use lists around 80-90% usage going to display... I've turned the backlight and timeout down, and still 70-80%. Is that expected from this ROM? Maybe the fact I've got a VZW2 Model Incredible with AMOLED instead of a VZW3 with SLCD has something to do with it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones