• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Required for HTC Hero firmware. I'm lost!

armughans

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
I recently lost my HTC Desire :( and bounced back to HTC Hero borrowed from a friend. I need to upgrade the firmware because the phone is super slow. It currently has Android 1.5 Firmware. Build Number 2.73.421.4 14673 CL#61267.
Base-band 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

The phone connects with HTC Sync fine. I downloaded the firmware upgrade form "RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver" HTC UK support site because it was the closest one I could fine with my base-band version but when it starts to check phone credentials it stops and gives error that phone is not properly connected to pc.

I have been going through forums and can not find any solution. I'm a noob when it comes to rooting phones, so if someone can find me a easy step to step guide for rooting and installing VillainROM or some other, I will be grateful.

Cheers!

Reactions: armughans
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones