Help required in installing googlemarketplace on Zenithink 180Support

Last Updated:

1. ukhotels

ukhotels New Member This Topic's Starter

I feel so down. My Zenithink 180 android device did not come with googleplace pre-installed. I do not have a clue on how to install the application. Is there a simple method to do this.? I need help from the gurus. I am not technical

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the communities of Android Forum! I'm glad you signed up! Please feel free to jump right into the fray! :D

Not being a Tablet person, I have no idea what you are talking about. I'll move this to the right section for you.

3. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

Flash the latest firmware update released today which has Market pre-installed...

Starts 1020 version on last post of this page;

New Android Firmware 10-13/10-14 released

4. waterskin

waterskin New Member

Hi,

I am new here. I have followed the instructions to download the new fw and extracted the zip file with zip7 and a new folder named "Android1.988" appears. I copy this file to the root of the micro SD card and followed the instuctions to start the tablet. However, I do not receive a message to remove the micro SD card and nothing happen after that.
    Is there something that I missed out? Hope you can help.
    I went to file manager and managed to see all the files containied inside the "Android1.988" folder.

Thanks!!

5. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

What type of tablet (link to where you bought usually best) do you have as this is a zt-180 thread and that directory does Not sound familiar for the ZT-180 10in. Tablets... Also the ZT-180 Tablets cannot be upgraded from SD at this time... only from a Win32 PC or a Linux system running the custom flash tools.

6. waterskin

waterskin New Member

Hi,

Thanks for yr prompt reply.
    Mine is a 10" epad p7901-a-eng 2.1 update 1
    I cannot get into You Tube and no Market Place. I really hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

7. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

That is indeed one of these ZT-180 tablets based on the p7901... I'd suggest you look over on section we dedicated to these on SlateDroid;

ZT-180

And probably startout looking in the Wiki FAQ to find the proper flashing tools and instructions;

Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki

You will also find links to all the different Firmware versions there but I would suggest skipping right to latest 1020 version to get working market pre-installed with the version...

waterskin likes this.
  8. mindwave

mindwave Well-Known Member

also flatpadcomputing has a pretty good step by step on their site on flashing siftware. typically if you get FW from 1013 or later it will already HAVE the market installed. the 1013 did for me!