Help required with S4(Charging Problem)General

1. tayyabsohail

tayyabsohail New Member

Hello folks,
    I am new here. I have Galaxy S4 from last two months and it was working pretty fine until yesterday. It was showing an option of "HDMI disconnected". Then when I plugged it, for the charging. It wasn't neither getting charged nor it was showing any indication. I tried changing the adapters/chargers, but didn't work. I switched it off and then again plugged it. It just showed a battery icon for an instant then screen was black. When I turned my cellphone on this morning it was fully charged. Problem is why it is not showing any charging sign. Any ideas?
    Thanking in Advance
    Tayyab

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Are you using the Samsung charger and cable or some random one from around the house? "Some" random USB cables will not properly work with the S4. This includes slow charging or not displaying the charging symbol. They also won't work connecting the S4 to the PC. If you are using the one that came with the S4 and it produced that HDMI message, something may be wrong with the cable itself and it's not being properly recognized.
  3. tayyabsohail

tayyabsohail New Member

I am using a standard S4 charger. I tried finding a solution on youtube but still no luck. I guess it van be an internal problem probably? What do you reckon?
  4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member

I would suggest taking the phone back to the store where you purchased it, and have them look at it.

The issue you describe indicates a potential problem with the USB cable, but it could also be a problem with the USB port itself. Either way your store should be able to determine the issue and square you away.
  5. emperor28

emperor28 New Member

Hi, i am facing same charging problem with my samsung galaxy s4. Is your problem solved . If yes, would u help me how u got the problem solved.

Thanks

6. bltserv

bltserv Active Member

This problem cropped up with the 4.3 update. It comes up because of the way Samsung implemented the latest HDMI Spec of the charger cable. Couple ways around it.
    1. Reboot. All Chargers work.
    2. Plug the charger into the phone. Then the power source. Works most of the time.
    3. Charge the phone while it's off.

The good news is the latest patch. 4.3 MK2.
    Seems to have solved the issue. Mine again works with all Chargers perfectly.
  7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Just to throw in my two cents, after the one upgrade that messed everything up I bought new USB cables to go with the 2A chargers I had for the car. Everything was fine for a long time, and then on my main car I was only getting about 400 ma of charge. Switching out the cable got it back up to 1200 ma. But taking that defective cable to the other car, with the same model 2A charger, it would get 800 or 900 ma of power.

So clearly the S4 after the upgrades can be very picky as to what is charging it.