• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help restoring HTC one m8 to stock

gary564

Lurker
Dec 21, 2014
Hi all,

I have a HTC One M8 that I unlocked, rooted and installed a google play edition android 5.0.1 rom onto. The rom has a few bugs and I do not want to use it anymore. I want to return my htc one m8 to complete factory stock, stock rom with ota updates, locked bootloader and unrooted. I am currently s-on and do not know how to do this.

Can anybody help?

Thank you

Hi all,

I have a HTC One M8 that I unlocked, rooted and installed a google play edition android 5.0.1 rom onto. The rom has a few bugs and I do not want to use it anymore. I want to return my htc one m8 to complete factory stock, stock rom with ota updates, locked bootloader and unrooted. I am currently s-on and do not know how to do this.

Can anybody help?

Thank you

Would love some help doing this as well. Am in exactly the same situation as you!

Upvote 0
Would love some help doing this as well. Am in exactly the same situation as you!

I have restored the stock rom for my phone from this thread on xda (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2735235)

However I am still unlocked and my recovery mode says software modified which would probably void my warranty. The only way to remove the modified status and to relock the bootloader is to get s-off and that is currently not available for my phone.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones