Help! Ringtones only show up as defualt!!

Last Updated:

1. xtowngurl20132

xtowngurl20132 New Member This Topic's Starter

I use Handcent SMS and when I try to change the notification ringtone, the only one's that show up are the defualt/sock ones. All of the one's on my SD card don't show up. At all. Under any of the notification setting panels (Handcent's and the main one). They do show up under ringtones though. So is it something I'm doing wrong? Please let me know... Thanks

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Did you select to use Android as the selection tool for your ringtones when Handcent asked you to?

If so, you'll need to either 1) use something like RingDroid to cut the MP3s you have to size and then make then ringtones, or use 2) Rings Extended as your default to allow you to select non - standard DROID ringtones.

3. xtowngurl20132

xtowngurl20132 New Member This Topic's Starter

Well see, I use ringdroid and they still dont show up so I dont know what to do

4. forever.hk

forever.hk New Member

go to the droid market and download tone picker. then go to the settings for handcent select notification setting, then select ringtone it should pop up two options 1-android something 2-tone picker. choose tone picker and it will show all the music and ringtones saved on your micro sd card.

5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

In your main E: create a "ringtones" and "notifications" folder, drop tones in, and handcent should access the "notifications" folder with the defaults to select from.

6. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

You need to create a folder called "media" first, then put the ringtones and notifications folders in there.

7. speedmaniac11m

speedmaniac11m Member

Nice thread, it answered almost all my questions as well.

I added the Media folder; with subfolders of Notifications & Ringtones. I also have a Music folder (has about 12 full length songs) located on my sd card.

1. How do i get the Tone Picker to NOT pick up the songs in the Music folder for my notifications?

2. The tone picker picks up files in both Notifications and Ringtones folder. Can i get it to only pull from Notifications?

Thanks for the great forum - i use it daily!
    speed