• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help: Root Explorer Not Working

Thanks guys! Should I keep debugging on? Also, (sorry to ask-not related to thread) I'm not sure how to get apps2sd working again on xtrROM. I flashed it, but now I'm not seeing anything come up. Can I use root explorer to find if my apps are on my sd? if so, how?

Thanks in advance! I'm learning a lot with root!

Upvote 0
Can I use root explorer to find if my apps are on my sd? if so, how?

You should be able to. In XTR Rom, first do Settings->SD card & phone storage. If you see "Internal phone storage", available space of over, say, 90 to 100 MB (mine is 137 right now), you probably have a2sd.

In Root Explorer, go to the System folder, then the Sd folder in there (or, /system/sd), and you should see folders for app, app-private, dalvik-cache. If so, and there are apps in there, you have a2sd.

Upvote 0
You should be able to. In XTR Rom, first do Settings->SD card & phone storage. If you see "Internal phone storage", available space of over, say, 90 to 100 MB (mine is 137 right now), you probably have a2sd.

In Root Explorer, go to the System folder, then the Sd folder in there (or, /system/sd), and you should see folders for app, app-private, dalvik-cache. If so, and there are apps in there, you have a2sd.

Did this (thanks!). I do have a2sd. BUT, how do I transfer apps from one ROM to another. It worked once for me automatically (not sure how) and now I can't seem to have it work again.

Upvote 0
Did this (thanks!). I do have a2sd. BUT, how do I transfer apps from one ROM to another. It worked once for me automatically (not sure how) and now I can't seem to have it work again.

Many times the system (if it is set up for a2sd) will see them automatically. However, when I did this with ELB->XTR the other day, XTR did not see them.

What I suggest is that you pay for the full version of Titanium Backup and use that to back up your user apps (I'll suggest against system apps and data, though, if you plan to switch ROMs) and then, when you switch to a new ROM, wipe the ext partition in addition to the other wipes, install the ROM, install Titanium from the market when you have your Google account set up, make sure that the ROM is set to install apps to SD (settings->Manage applications for some ROMs; XTR, as an example, will automatically use SD if you have a2sd set up), then have it restore your apps and data.

Reactions: shaggylouie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones