help root please

Last Updated:

1. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so the evo can be rooted now correct? If so can it then be updated to 2.2? And also can I still get all of my apps back? Any.help will be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

yes, yes, and yes!

3. lyons238

Ok do you have instructions in how to do so. Also which Rom is the best?will it hurt my battery life. And what are some pros and cons to rooting. Thank you.

4. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

listen buddy i'm not going to hold your hand through the process... if you don't know the pros and cons of rooting then perhaps you shouldn't be doing it. try doing a search, or simply just browse through this forum and all those questions have been answered several, if not hundreds, of times.

good frickin luck

5. lyons238

I do know some pros and cons but I'm new to Android which doesn't mean I'm any less capable but thanks for being a douche.

6. DougFunny

DougFunny Well-Known Member

I'd say u probably don't want to update to froyo yet. It's got a buncha features missing right now so i'd say wait untill its a little bit better

7. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member

^ this

8. lyons238

Ok thanks guys. Is it that froyo in general isnt ready yet or just for the evo its not ready yet? And when froyo is ready and I do decide to root will I still have HTC sense? I actually kind of like it

9. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

Google is your friend and so is the search feature. If you don't want to hold his hand let the thread die. Like I'm going to do riiiiiiiiiight now.

10. lyons238

Why bother even posting?

11. adseguy

Cause you are lazy and I'd like others to know that this behavior is crappy. You are asking real basic questions that can be found in 5 minutes

12. adseguy

I'll give you some credit. At least you have pointed questions, but still basic. I just hate seeing this in root/jailbreak threads. It's a semi-advanced topic that shouldn't be done with hand holding.

13. lyons238

Ok whatever man I'm new to Android.but I pick up on things easily I was just looking for some help. If you don't like the thread.than don't click on it. And the.HTC root section is only two pages long so relax

14. cpiddy

cpiddy Guest

I agree with the others. I also am completely new to Android but before I post a question that can be found in a million other threads, not only on here but also xda, which you would have seen if you wouldve just did a google search for it. Its basic stuff dude. Search and read, not hard. This thread should be closed due to your ****** ation. I say good day.

15. blu3g

blu3g Well-Known Member

Chill out guys, we were all in his position at one point. He just needs a point in the right direction. To the op, check out xda. They have great walkthroughs that will help out. To start check this link out. Great walkthrough step by step. It's toast's rooting method. Doing this will give you a general idea of adb commands and processes of android.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695386

lyons238 likes this.
  16. lyons238

thanks man. i appreciate it. i understand how some people might get a little annoyed at threads like these, but i wasent sure where to look for rooting the evo because its so new, so i figured the best place to ask would be here. but thanks again for at least giving me some info and a positive attitude.