• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Rooting 2.3.4 samsung mesmerize

Not to seem like a baffoon, but I was wondering if there was simply a program that was downloadable and then being able to download the desirable Rooted Stock ROM for 2.3.4 and able to root it that way? or if there is a Update from SD card .zip that is working. I'm unfamiliar with how androids work i simply want to gain root access so i can install Lagfix beta on my Samsung mesmerize i500 so i can speed up my OS.

The "Update from SD card" is the prefered method I'd like to use, since using Odin and flashing is at the moment beyond my knowledge however I'd be eager to learn,..

Thanks in advance for any help!! Also please correct me on any aspect if it seems either my terminology or words seem false.

Thanks!

Okay, found a super simple way to do this thanks to Samsung Mesmerize Group on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/samsungmesmerize/doc/297467933626642/
You might have to request permission to join the group before being able to acess the Doc's but i was approved in 15 seconds,.. 5 minutes later my phone was rooted with not one issue, it was very simple.

I was also wondering though what the best Lagfix is,.. From Facebook they say Voodoo but i came across this website Holy Turbochargers Batman: Speed Up Your Galaxy S With LagFix BETA
What is your guys opinion on the matter??

Upvote 0
Facebook group shsut down. I need help rooting my mez if anyone would point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I've looked everywhere and I cannot find a proven root method for the GB 2.3.4. My mez has horrible in-call volume since doing the GB upgrade. I know there is a 2.3.5 out but it does not address this issue so maybe rooting will.
Thanks
Howard

Upvote 0
this really is'nt a root issue but i'm really not sure where to list this. So here goes...I'm not a noob to rooting or flashing but by no means am I anywhere close to knowing "it all" about roms and such. That being said I have found several roms that i would love to use on a daily basis BUT...the ear bud mic will not work. ie. miui, devious, cm7, and there are others. It is important to have the earbud mic work as its the only way to use my phone at work. I herd that it has something to do with touch wiz??? like i said i'm no dev (not even close!!) but i sure would like to learn more. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks BTW I'm useing the smasung mesmerize. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones