help..rooting for first time

Last Updated:

1. scrface

scrface Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i'm going to go with fresh rom i think just need a little help before i do this so i don't screw something up.I'm going to use the one click method but have a few questions...

1.I don't need to back anything up that i put on there because i just got the phone and it's basically stock but i didn't see anywhere in this program to back anything.If i do this will all the stock apps and everything still be on the phone since it didn't back anything up?

2.My software number is 1.32.651.6 is this compatible?

3.do i need to do a radio update somewhere?

4.Once i do this would i install fresh manually instead of this program?

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

1. After flashing Fresh, some of the stock apps will be removed but the APKs are still available on the SD card in case you want to re-install. The apps that appear are largely dependant on the rom that you flash.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. You can download the new radio from the same place you download Fresh and also flash it the same way. The new version is 1.39.00.05.31

4. The program will not install Fresh for you. You have to install it from zip when you reach the recovery screen after Simple Root finishes.

3. scrface

scrface Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks...tried yesterday but need .net framework 4.0 and if hangs on install....tried everything so going to try over at somebody's house today. If that dont work ill just use toasts method

4. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

ASTRO file manager can back up unprotected apps to your SD card, but not the corresponding data. It's quicker than going back to the market for them, but that's about it.

5. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

once you reinstall the backup apps, they don't update in market, right?

6. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

The market will still alert you if there's a newer version available than the one installed on your phone.

berardi1111 likes this.