Help rooting?

Last Updated:

1. TheBlueFox

TheBlueFox Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've been reading and I've downloaded the ROM Manager from the Marketplace. I've also downloaded a ROM to install. I have tried to boot my phone into recovery mode (pressing X while powering back on) and all I get to is a screen with the exclamation mark and a phone under it.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Advertisement
  2. TheBlueFox

I have been following this guide to the letter and when i get to where it says "press up on the d-pad during reboot", nothing happens. It just boots up like normal.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated. I tried holding down on "x" as well, but nothing. Any help is appreciated!

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

That is indicative of you still being on the stock recovery - after you get to this you should simultaneously press Vol UP and the Camera button to verify, but you will be in the stock recovery image.

After downloading ROM Manager, you need to have root access and it will then allow you to flash Clockwork Mod recovery. Then you will be ready to go.

4. TheBlueFox

5. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

you hold UP on the D-pad while powering up your phone, you will see a bootloader screen, after you see that, then open up RSD lite