• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help? Rooting.

Not too familiar with that tab, but just a suggestion here...would Towelroot be an option to root?
You say you installed CWM. The CWM recovery? I didn't think that was possible without rooting first or unlocking the bootloader?
What tool did you use?
Agreed, there's not enough info stated. If somehow he installed CWM without a root, then please teach me.

Reactions: LitrosNub
Upvote 0
Not too familiar with that tab, but just a suggestion here...would Towelroot be an option to root?
You say you installed CWM. The CWM recovery? I didn't think that was possible without rooting first or unlocking the bootloader?
What tool did you use?

I unlocked bootloader by force by fastboot oem unlock. Cause the recovery tool didn't want to. Then I put install root and install CWM, it did fastboot flash recovery.img first and for some reason it flashed recovery.img sucessfully but not the root. But it does not let me do the basic stuff like flash a rom, backup, wipe data, ect.

Also it always goes like this whenever I start it CWM(I'm remembering what it says since my friends not with me at the moment)

'can't mount cache/mount' or something like that.

Edit: Also, the tablet is ICS which towelroot isn't an option. I tried it anyways, the app just crashes, not the tablet, just the app. Also with the strings ect.

Edit2: The root tool is called SimpleRoot for Acer A200. If you want to look up more on it.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Ah, yes I did see that Simpleroot and for me the DB link was shutdown :(
Hmmmm, not sure whatsup wit dat :p

Anyhow, have you tried to check for root with a root checker app?
I dunno, perhaps try running that tool again?
Sorry, I wish I could assist you further.

I got the DB link through another site that revived it. Also if you've seen the thread. I've reuploaded it and reposted it for people that want to root it too, just mines having the problem. Also we've rerunned the app countless times. Same with root checker.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
All I see referenced is SimpleRoot and Simple tool from http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Acer_Iconia_A200 . All which are from 2012. Not sure if Towelroot would work since I never have used it. Recoveries can be installed without root via flash tools(odin etc).

Towelroot does not work sadly, nor any one-click root method. Since I think it that its using Terga2 is the main problem rooting this is so hard.

Upvote 0
I got the DB link through another site that revived it. Also if you've seen the thread. I've reuploaded it and reposted it for people that want to root it too, just mines having the problem. Also we've rerunned the app countless times. Same with root checker.

hi, I'm in the process of trying to root the A200 too. I've been trying to get simpleroot, but find the download unavailable. Can you tell me the site where it might be available. thanks.

Reactions: LitrosNub
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you have custom recovery installed, you should just be able to search for SuperSU flashable zip for ICS, flash it in recovery and it should root you

Hey, I cannot find a zip for ics without it saying it's only for samsung. If you could link the universal root it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones