• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help - Safe Mode wiped out all widgets

G671

Mar 25, 2011
I accidentally (not sure how) rebooted my HTC Rezound in Safe Mode. I rebooted to get out of Safe Mode, but now ALL of my widgets are gone (won'toad/white boxes). Every single one of them. I tried backup restore with Go Launcher, but no dice. Can anyone help me restore them without having to recreate every single one of them? This has never happened before. How were the widgets affected by this?

Thanks!

HTC Rezound/Verizon (ICS)
Using GoLauncher EX

it is possible you never got out of safe mode. when i did that i couldn't get out no matter what. i ended up having to factory reset it

a good way to test to see if you are still in Safe Mode (mine had a white background with skating androids, some later incarnations of Android have a normal screen with a watermark, it varies) is to try running a market-downloaded app like a game or something else. if you get a force close message or it does *nothing* you're still in safe mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones