HELP! SB2 w no TouchWiz - unable to get 1.6

Last Updated:

1. Effperiod

Effperiod New Member This Topic's Starter

I hate that when I call TMobile they act as if I never worked for the company and know their BS tactics. I am unhappy with this phone especially with the MyTouch Slide on the market but when I found there was an update I missed I held in there. To make a long story short for some reason my Samsung Behold 2 does not have TouchWiz which is what the rep said I need to recv my 1.6 update. I only see Tw Launcher. They were willing to do a handset exchange however I have a small crack on the black edge of the front lcd but it does not effect the lcd at all or the use of any portion of the phone. She said bc of the crack most likely I will be charged $100 or i can use my insurance and pay $130. WTF?! Are u serious. Bc i recvd a phone that didn't include TouchWiz and u won't be able to refurb it I have to pay $100. Someone help me before I lose my religion on these TMobile scam artist.

**I hate they have the best serv where I am - I might just say f_ck it - chuck them their $200 (well $400 for 2 lines) and head to GETRO (metrto pcs) or Boost mobile.

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, they pulled the official 1.6 update a few weeks after launch due to bugs; and that was the last I heard of it. The best way to get 1.6 is to use one of the many guides on these forums to load up a cooked ROM. They are usually better than the OEM ROMs.

3. Effperiod

do u know if there is anywhere I can download TouchWiz? teh rep said that is why I can't and won't recv any updates OTA. I refuse to pay $100 (handset excnhg) or $130 (using Asurion) for a refurbished SBII whn I can upgrade to a 3G Touch - I just don't want to gv TMo the satisfaction of holding me to another 2 years because of their screw up.

4. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

The point I was trying to make is regardless of your ability to get any OTAs, you will be unable to as all OTAs for the BH2 have been suspended indefinitely.

5. Effperiod

FIGURES. So the tramp at TMO is on some BS as usual! I am a newbie to this whole thing Im scared that I will jack the phone up in the long run and really be stuck either paying $200 to get out of my contract + $$ for a new phn & srvc or have to come out of pocket $300 for a new phone that will prob be trumped by something better in the following week..

thnks for your help tho!

6. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

a bh2 w/o touch wiz should be a 1.6 phone unless there is a rom on it.

Using odin to flash stock 1.6 with touchwiz is another option but why would you want touchwiz?

7. nhung

nhung Member

Personally, I think you got luck. Everybody on this forum is looking to get rid of Touch wiz. Can you give use a rom dump before flashing over it?

8. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Umm...TWLauncher IS touchwiz lmao! a

BTW the update was pulled from servers and is no longer available for OTA with NO plans to bring it back period! It was (according to tmo and samsung) bricking some phones and causing others to have various usage problems. You unfortunately were talking with a moron! Just flash one of the great roms for that POS and call it a day! tmo can not fix that phone!

9. fallenturtle

fallenturtle Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that? The latest sticky on the T-Mobile forums makes it sound like the 1.6 update has been fixed and released:
    Samsung Behold II 1.6 Update - Updated 08/27/10 - T-Mobile Community

10. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Ok I stand corrected! haven't been to that forum in weeks let alone since Friday when that update on the update was posted. That is a new development. Before they said it was pulled "indefinitely" so that's why I said what I said.