[help] Screen stays black after call....Support

Last Updated:

1. Rated_R

Rated_R Member This Topic's Starter

So when you normally make a call and the screen turns black when you put the phone next to your face. When you pull it away from your face the screen is supposed to come back on. My Ally's screen refuses to light back up. If I slide the keyboard out before the call ends the screen will come back on. If the call ends before I do that I have a black/dead screen for a random amount of time. This happened on stock rom and Velocity.

Any ideas any one?:mad::mad:

Advertisement
  2. Rated_R

Ok so I got brave today and took my Ally apart. Down to the prox sensor. Fiddled with it [technical term] and it seems to be working fine now. To anyone having this problem...maybe take it to a service center and have em take a look at it. If you feel brave enough take it apart your self. Its not that bad.

3. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem with mine. I don't know what the prox sensor looks like or where it is located to be brave enough to try this fix. Is there any chance you might be able to describe the process you went through more clearly than "fiddled with it"? :)

I'm so tired of this problem and if I could resolve it, my phone would be otherwise perfect for me. Thanks in advance!

4. Rated_R

The proximity sensor is to the right of the verizon logo. the smaller of the two dots under the glass. To be completly honets I woot the phone apart and poke the two dots quite hard with a screw driver. In hopes to break the sensor. I acoplished my goal. I broke it. The proximity sensor does not work at all now.

I am not telling you to break your phone. My advise would be to take it back to verizon or get insurance on it.

5. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

Well, so far I have found one other post with the same problem, and he also broke his... that may be the -only- fix! LOL. Thanks for the info! I'll think about taking it to Verizon. First, I'm going to try trimming my screen protector so it doesn't cover that spot up and see if it helps.

EDIT: I found out my decal skin was blocking the proximity sensor too much. I opened that space up a bit and the problem was solved.

6. theblueletters

theblueletters Member

I've had this problem off and on. I just clean the proximity sensor with a little bit of windex and that does the trick.

7. lekamarie

lekamarie New Member

I was having the same problem and after reading this thread, I realized that I was having this problem because my sensor must be covered. It was covered due to my screen protector. I looked up in my manual where my sensor is and cut a hole in the screen protector and voil