Help! Screen won't turn OffSupport

Last Updated:

1. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is driving me crazy!

Screen won't turn off when I press the red/end call button after checking the time or wanting to go dark while listening to Pandora. It only

Any ideas?

I do not have ATK or similar I do not have Panda Home or similar...

thanks, everyone!

Advertisement
  2. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

Do you have flashnotify? That was causing the same thing on mine, when I uninstalled it it went away.

3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

i know for flashnotify, if you don't go into your dialer and check a missed call, it will keep flashing.

as for the OP - do you have 'use wireless networks' on under security & locations?

4. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

It did it even after I checked the call. It was driving me nuts.

5. Radical-J

No Flash Notify and Wireless Networks are off...All I am trying to do is save battery and having scree timeout at 8 seconds was also a pain so I set it at minute.

I have no idea what caused it but it is recent in the last week

6. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Do you have the app 'spare parts'? If yes, what do you have your 'end button behavior' set as? If no, then get it and check the end button behavior.:)

SarahAnn and jebediahtbone like this.
  7. Radical-J

Nice! That was it my Friend!!! It was set to home...If you ever get close to Jax, FL the first dark beer is on me!

8. RnDad

RnDad New Member

HOly hell..... thanks alot critical that was driving me insane. same as you Radical mine was also set to home.... how does it set to that automatically??
    o well good app. thanks again

~Boo iphone~~

9. jebediahtbone

jebediahtbone New Member

Wow! Thank you. This just started happening to me today. What a frustrating event to go through. You saved me from throwing this damned thing against the wall.

10. SarahAnn

SarahAnn New Member

I was about to lose my mind trying to figure this out! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! I had just left the sprint store and REALLY didn't want to go right back. I searched and searched to find this thread but ALAS it was worth it :) :) :)

11. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

My Moment did that one time. Had to pull the battery to get it to stop. I even took it up to the Sprint store just to have them document the issue since the phone is such a POS.

12. NYdroid33

NYdroid33 Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/161758-samsung-moment-screen-lock-button-doesnt-work.html

I started this thread a few months back and got a lot of replies check it out... Doing a factory data reset will easily fix this... just make sure to use mybackup pro and sync all your google stuff

Spare parts works but that just ignores the issue... eventually the problems on this phone build up over time and unfortunatly for me factory data resets become necessary... But after I do it it orks geat and take me maybe a half hour to reload everything and have it back exactly the way it was

Also make sure you get the new eclair.dj07 update it works well

13. AKCobra

AKCobra New Member

Awesome! Thanks Critical, that was driving me insane. I think I uninstalled like 5 apps looking for the cluprit!