• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help screwed up phone badly please help!

i have a Galaxy S samsung captivate i rooted my phone got everything clock work rom manager everything and i had this app i got and havent used in a week or so so i open it it went to the super access and it had a battery emblem on the top tabs i clicked it it offered many different things and this one was to change battery icons so i downloaded it and i clicked apply it restarted my phone now it will not turn on completely it leave me at the ATT screen world phone in white. it will make the whoosshh noise and the dling dlong blah bling but remains white ATT screen.

ONE WORST PART I GUESS I DIDNT BACK UP PHONE only thing i can do is get it to the screen where i can reboot reinstall ect. i have tried everything in the moon on my phone it wont restore because no files found
it also will not recover factory settings also skipped /sd and wiped and another is no partition found.

THHEEE WORST PART is it will not pop up on my computer i am on now it has always said like basicaly some files are missing for the drive.

MY phone worked perfectly fine before i clicked on the battery. and apply.

WOW i wont be able to go to the computer i rooted my phone until saturday. i want it back tonight! and would love any help at all!

even if it would be a call to my other phone to help me figure this out.
i need help so much if you dont know and think you might know someone who can please try to help me here i dont want to replace this phone that will be monday before i could get a new one.

RECAP
NO BACKUP BUT CAN BACKUP NOW
WONT GO TO FACTORY SETTINGS
WONT ALLOW THIS COMPUTER TO CONNECT
WONT GO PAST ATT WORLD PHONE IN WHITE
WONT INSTALL RECOVER-UPDATE.ZIP -CLOCKWORK-
TRIED ALOT OF RANDOM STUFF AND STILL STUCK.

CAN BE CALLED EMAIL ME IF YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP ON PHONE
IF NOT I CAN READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND.

MY PHONE WORKED FINE UNTIL I CLICKED APPLY AND IT REBOOTED AND NOW WILL NOT COME BACK ON.

LLLOOOVVVEDDD MY PHONE BEFORE AND VERY TICKED THIS HAPPENED!:eek::mad::(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones