• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help, screwed up phone

JeepMe

Lurker
Jul 21, 2014
I have a RAZR that was rooted on JB. I was using RSDLite to attempt to flash back to ICS. Mid flash, my dog decided to pay me a visit and his tail removed the USB cable. When i tried to flash again, it fails when trying to write the image file. I've tried multiple times and even tried to flash to stock JB and it always fails.

When i power down the phone and try to power it up, it goes straight to the AP Fastboot menu. I tried to do a recovery and it shows a dead Android with a red exclamation mark from his chest. All this leads me to think the phone is bricked.

But if i boot by holding the volume up, volume down, and power buttons i get to the menu. Then if i choose to boot normally, the phone boots up and runs fine.

I'm lost in how to fix this. Anyone have any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones