Help screwed up s-off!!!!!!

1. vernave

vernave Well-Known Member

Ok, I tried to do S-OFF and i got a message about cannot find beer or something. It exited, and now my phone wont boot. Can someone please help me?

Edit. It just boots to a pic of a phone with Juopunutbear above it

Advertisement
    :
  2. Subzer0

Subzer0 Well-Known Member

Just restart controlbear.exe. you didn't screw up. Takes quite a few tries.
  3. vernave

I can get into the white page thing that shows the hboot number, should I do a factory data reset from there?

edit, nvm just saw yourpost
  4. Subzer0

No need to. just run control bear and it will reboot your phone and start the s-off procedure again.
  5. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

Continue on trying..do not stop.

I think that's where ppl make a mistake, when they run into trouble there first instinct is to stop..I would keep on running control bear until you are successful.

My phone stayed on that screen from start to finish
  6. Subzer0

Johnny is 100% correct. I kept stopping thinking I may be messing up my phone. Takes persistence and patience. You will get it.
  7. vernave

SUCCESS!! I think I got it anyway. On the first boot, it made an error noise during boot animation,failed to boot, the rebooted just fine. Think this is serious? I installed the JuopunutBear Hboot in case this matters
  8. johnny424

na doesnt matter..more then likely you will be downgrading to 1.0.4 hboot anyway
  9. johnny424

congrats by the way
  10. Subzer0

Congrats! I agree with Johnny. Downgrade your hboot now. Opens up a whole new world of roms.
  11. retromind

retromind Well-Known Member

Kudos. This was me yesterday after an hour of trying the wire trick. Hope you backed up your sdcard if not you're gonna have a bad time :)
  12. vernave

Yep made sure to back it up. Also, I am downgrading hboot to 1.4
  13. bluefire000

bluefire000 Member

I'm currently in this situation. Multiple attempt to run controlbear only results in "connect device and install drivers"
    I cannot see HTC in Device Manager. I'm stuck, when I try to get into bootloader it gave me a bunch of "no image!" Can anyone help me?
  14. nsciucco

nsciucco Well-Known Member

Thats why you should always read everything first. not just skim thru it.. in every directions for the S-OFF procedure it clearly states before that you should open CMD and type "adb devices" This will insure your drivers are installed before you start

you can get the neccasary drivers from downloading HTC sync and installing it... but after you install it you need to go to control panel uninstall htc sync itself. The drivers that you need will be left behind
  15. mrawesome22

mrawesome22 Well-Known Member

I'd probably connect device and install drivers then lol.
  16. bluefire000

bluefire000 Member

The device were there at the beginning. Its just half way thru something happened and I had to re-run controlbear and thats when its no longer detecting it. In any case, all is good now.