Help...SD Card/Installing/Uninstalling AppsSupport

Last Updated:

1. RedlineChaser

RedlineChaser Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all...and thanks in advance for any input. BTW, I searched here, a few other forums, and Google, but nothing matched my strange list of problems that I ran into tonight.

I have a Moto Droid 1 rooted running Lithium Mod - Blue Theme with a P3 1100mhz standard voltage kernel. I have been running this setup with no problems for a while now. Anyway, I was using APKtor today and an app. was taking extremely long to download so I backed out of it. After that, I could not dl'd any more apps from APKtor or the Android market...many of the icons on my homescreens(using LauncherPro-7 screens) turned into that generic blue android icon...almost all of my widgets turned into "Problem loading widget" blocks...and I could not uninstall any apps that were located in my SD card or my internal memory. At first...I thought I corrupted my SD card as plugging it into my PC didn't do anything except charge the phone(no prompt to mount or enable USB storage, nothing). When I went into Settings>Applications Manager...all the apps that are on my SD card showed generic grey SD card/android icons and when I opened the file, listed "Calculating..." for all of the data. Clicking anything like "clear data" or "clear cache" would eventually bring about the option to FC-Wait-Report.

So basically, everything on my SD card was fubar'd. BUT...I didn't receive any message that the SD card was damaged, removed, unmounted, etc. and my phone still listed the SD card space in my QuickSettings app and in System Settings. And in the Absolute System Lithium Mod Ed. app, I could view my SD card files..but not in Astro. I just could not do anything with the individual apps. I could still make and receive calls/texts/emails/facebook, but i couldn't dl'd or uninstall anything...even to the internal drive. ???? Also, "Unmount Card" was highlighted under "settings," but "settings" would FC if I clicked it and "Format Card" was shaded because the card couldn't be unmounted. ???

Without an external microSd card reader, backup SD card, and the stores closed...I scratched my head for awhile because there was really nothing I could do if the SD card was shot. And now, as I type this message, my phone is back to normal....WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am seriously lost as to A)What brought all of this on? B)Why the #@&$ is everything seemingly fine now? If anyone has any ideas, please share. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. nathanyates

nathanyates New Member

how can i root phone