• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP SD CARD WENT BAD AND SO DID VIDEO FILES

Hello,
I was at a concert last evening and recorded videos and when the concert was done I noticed I could not view or play my photos/videos. I have tried fixing the Photos and MP4 files but when I try to fix the MP4 files it keeps saying there is no video. Is there any way to fix this I really need these photos/videos.

If it was just a glitch with the card you might be able to recover them by popping it in a card reader and running some standard file recovery software (no point paying for "special" software for phones: if you have a Windows PC then Recuva is free and will do this as well as anything else).

However, have you validated the card before use, or have you used it sufficiently (i.e. filled enough of it without any other problems like this) to be sure that it's a genuine card? There are a lot of "fake" cards out there, small capacity cards that scammers relabel as high capacity, hack the card so it tells the OS it has a higher capacity than it really has, and then sell as a "bargain" high capacity card. If it's one of those your data are likely gone, because what happens is that when the real capacity of the card is exceeded newer data will be written over older, and at that point no file recovery software will help you.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones