• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP - Selecting in Recovery

jurematthew

Lurker
Oct 20, 2011
Have rooted the phone with Clockwork - but in recovery am having issues with selecting, consistently, to use CWM - need to wipe battery stats as ROM acts like drainage.

Also, any new ROMs with not so much bloat?

Thanks,

Matthew

PS - am Android newbie - a convert from Android - love my Continuum!

Have rooted the phone with Clockwork - but in recovery am having issues with selecting, consistently, to use CWM - need to wipe battery stats as ROM acts like drainage.

Also, any new ROMs with not so much bloat?

Thanks,

Matthew

PS - am Android newbie - a convert from Android - love my Continuum!

OK, clarify for me. When you say 'selecting, consistently, to use CWM' do you mean that you have to tap the menu button a couple of times in stock recovery to get into cwm? If so, this is kinda normal. Since the rom isn't booted, the sensitivity is set to default (low). Practice makes perfect. If you mean something else, let me know.
As for wiping bat stats, if you need to know where that is, it's in advanced. The trick there, is to have your phone completely charged, wipe the stats, let it burn until it dies on you and charge it back up completely before rebooting. The battery will burn quick, the first time. I'd recommend (if you don't use your phone for an alarm) burn it down right before you go to bed, and then recharge while you sleep.
New debloated roms? There are several. all on XDA... come over, and find one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones