help! serious droid/milestone problem

Last Updated:

1. kurosawa79

kurosawa79 Member This Topic's Starter

hi everyone - i've run into what i think might be a hardware problem but would like your thoughts...

i'd been using my milestone for a wk and had just put a new sim in the phone which seemed fine for about 30 mins. i tapped the screen lock and put it in my pocket....when i took it out again the screen wouldnt wake and all i had was the function keys lit up. so i thought the phone had froze...

to try to resolve, did a batt pull and when the phone switched on it was just the backlight...not even the function keys worked. i thought it was a SW prob so i tried to reflash it...managed to get into the engineering screen/bootloader (even without text on the screen as phone screen is still blank) but the moto firmware flasher recognised the phone.

new flash, new software....still no go. turns on but only backlight. nothing else happens. have tried everything....anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

pull the battery and then plug the charger in, heard that may work

3. kurosawa79

ive done that quite a few times now...it powers on...but no screen...just backlight
    im just hoping its not a broken screen...

4. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

you plugged the charger in with no battery in it?

5. kurosawa79

yep, did that too. screen powers up but stays blank...would i need to leave it and wait for a while?