Help! Serious email lag.

Last Updated:

1. thetube

thetube Member This Topic's Starter

my email takes ten minutes to load and another ten minutes to delete! The thing seems to freeze but then finally finishes. Please tell me this isnt normal... I was using a blackberry which had instant email.

Advertisement
  2. RJA

RJA Active Member

are you on wifi or are you using tmobile internet? over wifi my email is instant... I don't use tmobile internet cause its slow in my area

3. landale

landale Well-Known Member

The built in email app is painfully slow if you don't root your phone and perform the "stall fix". I ultimately went this route and the app is so much faster now, like night and day difference.

If you aren't comfortable rooting and messing around too much with your phone and are just trying to access IMAP or POP3 accounts you can download K9 from the market as a replacement which should give you similar performance improvements.

4. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Try restarting the phone? Don't know what else to say. If it still happens, then try to get an exchange at a T-Mobile store.

5. thetube

I'm using both wifi and tmobile internet... wifi at home, but will it automatically use wifi when connected to wifi or do I have change a setting? Thanks

6. thetube

I have no problem screwing around with my phone if you'd be kind enough to share instructions how to root the phone and do the stall fix.

thanks,