Help setting up 2 Droids

Last Updated:

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This week I am going to root 2 droids, one for my daughter and 1 for my roommate. I have a rooted Droid X so I am familiar with rooting, ROMs, themes, etc.

I have a few questions, but here is what I want to accomplish for each phone:

Daughter's: Root, overclock, extend battery life. I just want to speed it up and use wireless tether. I don't want it to be different in a way she will notice so any ROMs or anything need to be the same as stock android. I just want it to run a little faster/smoother.

Roommates: Root, overclock, extend battery life, theme. This is her first android phone so I will be teaching her how to use it from scratch so easier is better. I will be installing several root apps on here.

Both need to be stable ROMs if I use a ROM. I have rooted using both adb and universalandroot. Obviosely I prefer 1 click root, but will it work on a Droid running 2.2 from the OTA. If not I would prefer to root via adb rather than flash using RSD if 1 click root won't work.

What would you guys recommend?

Advertisement
  2. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

honestly, if both phones are running 2.2 updare 1 (FRG22D) then you have to use RSDlite, the 1 touch root apps dont work on the newest update, as far as ROMs go, maybe someone else can answer that for ya, my only experience is with bugless beast and right now liquid frozen yorgurt.