• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help setting up androidVNC

so i installed ultra VNC server on my computer and i think i have it set up correctly, but to be honest im not sure. I also am using androidVNC on my Eris, and i think i have that set up correctly as well, but again, im not sure.

my computer is connected through a router, so i went to whatsmyip.org or whatever it is and got the ip that is assigned to my router, and then am forwarding ports 5900-5905 to the ip that my router has assigned my computer.

when i put all this into my phone... it just hangs at the "establishing handshake" anyone have this problem or know what im doing wrong?

any help is greatly appreciated

UPDATE:
when i use port 5900 on my androidVNC... it says VNC connection failed... when i use anything else (5901,5902,5903...) it hangs when trying to establish handshake.. anyone have any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones