• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! Should I root my tablet?

llucchin46

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
Should I root my tablet?

I got a cheap tablet from ebay. I know it is not great but it was cheap.

I was wondering if it would be beneficial to root my tablet?(pros vs cons) And if so, how can I root it?...I dont know the brand name or anything like that so it would have to be a rooter that works on cheap Chinese tablets. Also if I were to root my tablet would the apps I am currently using still work? I am really torn on what to do, I want to make sure it is worth it. but as of right now I don't think this tablet comes with the andriod app store and I was told if i root it I will get that as well as better battery time and faster performance. Is this true? please help me make this decision!! thank you!
the specs are here: at (ebay) after that paste this: /itm/Allwinner-7-A10-Cortex-A8-1GHz-Android-2-3-Flash-11-1-5-PT-Capacitive-Tablet-/160702361284?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item256a9b6ec4 THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones