Help! Since Froyo 2.2, caller ID only works sometimes on my Droid IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. jasonvancouver

jasonvancouver New Member This Topic's Starter

Help! Since Froyo 2.2, caller ID only works sometimes on my Droid Incredible

Hello guys.

Android Central hasn't been able to come with a solution....so I am hoping maybe I can get some help here.

I have the HTC Droid Incredible. Ever since updating to Froyo 2.2, my caller ID ( from people loaded in my address book) works only intermittently.

For example, on any particular caller who is in my address book...sometimes when they call, I will see their name on caller ID and at other times, I will see only the phone #.

This is getting really frustrating.

Has anyone heard of this?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem ?

I have tried reinstalling 2.2 already and that didn't solve the problem.

thanks for any feedback !

Advertisement
  2. tivollix

tivollix New Member

Hello,
    I had the same problems. After installing Froyo (LG version), half of the time instead of having the phone number calling displayed the number is shown as "Pay Phone".

It is a know bug of the current dialer which is triggered with the Fido / Rogers option called "caller id and caller number". If you you switch to "caller number" only option, the bug is not triggered.

More info there:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Caller ID Issue - displays as PayPhone (Rogers/Fido/International users beware)

3. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member

I was having the same issue, but it was only for certain numbers. It took me weeks to figure out why..... I didn't put the area code into my address book and when they called, it didn't pull the contact from the address book, but would just give the phone number. Their name and picture always showed up when I called them.

This may or may not be the solution to your problem, but it worked for me.