1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Help, something is draining my battery!

Last Updated:

1. sjm1983

sjm1983 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've got a HTC Wildfire and in the last couple of days the battery has started draining really quickly. Usually I could leave my phone overnight with wifi and mobile web etc switched off and the battery would drain by a maximum of a couple of percent but now it's losing 25% of its charge overnight with nothing running!
    Looking at the battery usages since unplugged 3% is phone idle, 4% cell standby and 93% maps!! I haven't even used the maps for a couple of days so what could be causing this?
    The only apps I've downloaded in the last couple of days are WordUp!, Air Control Lite and Shopping List manager.
    Any help appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. techarlj

techarlj Member

based on the info and my experiences, it could be latitude. i guess i'm not sure if maps and latitude are lumped together, but if so it could be tracking your location and posting at all times on your latitude account. not only using the gps receiver but also data. if i didn't help, i hope someone can

3. sjm1983

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think it can be latitude as it's not turned on. Also when the phone was left overnight (after being fully charged) I switched off, wifi, gps and data to eliminate those. Therefore I guess it must be something using the cpu?

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

install systempanel and set it to monitor the phone, you can then see what apps are using the battery/cpu over time.

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Does your phone have Battery Manager on it?

6. sjm1983

Systempanel looks quite good, do I need the paid app to get the full battery monitoring capability?

7. sjm1983

I don't have an app called Battery Monitor no? There is a function to view the battery useage of each application since the last charge as a percentage but this says 91% has been used on Maps which I know isn't true so I think this is giving false readings.

8. melissai_

melissai_ Well-Known Member

download JuiceDefender-battery. I have an Evo and it's worked WONDERS for my battery life. i highly recommend this app :)