HELP!! Sound playing issues sporadicSupport

1. pamshop

pamshop New Member

Hi all,
    I apologize if I didn't find my answer posted here in the THOUSANDS of threads. I did try though!

I had the 2.1 platform on my captivate which lasted about 2 weeks before it went beserk. It would not play the sound on ANY video (online, downloaded) OR my ringtones or audio from my chip. I would take the battery out and turn on/off a zillion times...ok, like 3-4 times...before it would then work. Then after I used the phone (guestimate about 1-2 hours) and try to replay the things that played with sound a couple hours before, and they again have no sound.

More often than not, I have to do the factory setting reset to get it to play any sound at all. HOWEVER, it would still ring when I received calls and the speakerphone worked on the calls but if you tried any sound from a menu option I got nothing.

So I returned to the retail partner (ATT wouldn't help me!) and got a new phone. I had the phone for 1.5 hours, made 1 five minute phone call and this new phone has the EXACT issue but it's the 2.2 platform.

I saw threads about the bluetooth causing the problem for those users, but I'm wondering is this something more universal??

DOES ANYONE have a suggestion?? I don't want to go into my >31 days with ATT and end up with a refurbished unit from their center.

Appreciate any helpful advice!

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :