HELP - Spare Parts 'other' usage

Last Updated:

1. CSmith154

CSmith154 New Member This Topic's Starter

Haven't been able to find input on this through ANY searches. Had my evo for a few days now, coming from a Hero, so the first thing I did was flash a new ROM and Kernal on it. Went with WarmTwoPointTwo RLS2 and Kings 11.

I used Wifi all day at home for data and my battery already died once. Did I really USE it all day, heck no, but it was on and by 1p I was on a 2nd battery. My Hero was on as well, and when I go into spare parts on the hero it lists 2-3 thing and the highest is at 18% which was running I think. On the Evo it lists 3 things Running at 72.8, Wifi Running at 58.4, Wifi on at 58.5, and Screen On at 34.1. I've NEVER seen numbers in 'other' like that, not sure how to interpret it... something wrong here?

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

it seems like your phone was not sleeping. when i am home, i use wifi all the time and my battery lasts longer than when i am on the road

3. CSmith154

CSmith154 New Member This Topic's Starter

I agree with that part...that would make sense with battery drain, but you'd think I'd see that in 'partial wake usage' like previously when I had that problem.

4. Ecktore

Ecktore Well-Known Member

I was about to start a new thread but this popped up as a suggestion, so I'll post my question here.

Today I noticed that my battery drains pretty quick while I use it. It holds a charge pretty damn good while the screen is off. So I checked spare parts, and nothing was holding a wake lock out of the norm, so I stated checking the other usage tabs, and under Network Usage there is a bar with "0" as the name, and it is damn near at 100%. I've never seen this before. Can anyone help me understand what this is, and is it the reason my battery is draining while in use?

Here's a screenshot

[​IMG]

I'm running Myn's Warm twopointtwo RLS5, Netarchy toastmod 4.2.1 cfs bfq havs more. Themed with riptide9 v13.

I did a full wipe prior to flashing RLS5 and new radio combo. I also wiped cache/dalvik before flashing the kernel, and adding the theme.

5. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Process 0 is normally a low level process for kernel management. This is a very common issue (Google something like "evo spare parts process 0" and you'll get a bunch of hits. The same thing happens to me all the time. I can never find any adverse effects from it, and it just force closes when I try to open it. My thoughts are that it could be some kind of bug with spare parts. As for wake locks, spare parts doesn't *always* show if the phone has been awake the whole time. Go to the battery information page under about phone to see your awake usage vs uptime. See if it seems higher than usual there. Most of the time, you can pick up unusual wake issues in spare parts, but it's a good idea to check there too.