• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help. Speech to text subpar.

MichaelRS

Lurker
May 28, 2015
I've had an LG L90 for about a month now and one thing I've notice is that the talk text is not very accurate.
By the time I go back and correct ALL the errors, I might as well have just typed it all out in the first place.

Just to be sure it wasn't just me, I tried it on a friend's Nokia phone and a Galaxy Avant in the TM store. Both were over 90% accurate with the errors being what one might think.

So, is there a fix (app) for this?

Voice speech to text success can be hit or miss, can often depend on your particular dialect of English or your tone or pitch, and the particular voice recognition software.

If you're speaking say English (Estuary) or English (Scots) or English (Geordie) or English (Indian), you may have less success than if you were using English (Received Pronunciation) or English (Standard US or VOA).

This tech has a long way to go before it comes like what you might see on Star Trek. LOL

One to possibly try is Dragon, comes with Swype + Dragon keyboard. That's best I've found so far that suits me for English.

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones