HELP: Spica shuts off by itselfSupport

Last Updated:

1. tarunahuja

tarunahuja New Member This Topic's Starter

I am having serious problem with galaxy spica (i5700). The phone shuts off by itself randomly. Sometimes it won't start again by hardpress also. I have to take out battery and keep it idle for sometime, and then try again. It happens almost everyday. Haven't rooted or upgraded to 2.1.
    - Is this a hardware issue or a software glitch?
    - Have a lot of applications installed, could there be a malicious application causing this?
    - Whats the way-out? does upgrade to 2.1 solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. alexdb

alexdb New Member

I have exactly the same problem, same symptoms etc... my relatively new (6 weeks old) Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 shuts down for no reason, did anyone else find this and resolve it? I have loads of apps too.
    I thought i was running something that killed the battery life as it would not start up immediately.

I would be willing to try rooting it and going to froyo, but am new to this. Will have to do a little more reading first.

Any help would be appreciated!
    thanks.

3. karfeef

karfeef Active Member

had my phone for about 8 months, from 1.5 stock. didn't seem to have the problem when it was stock android, but since flashing 2.1, rooting and now 2.2 cyanogen - the issue is there, very random and does indeed require a battery pull =/

4. randomstarlight

randomstarlight Member

5. Scrilax

Scrilax Member

what's the difference in using this mod from another ones ? is this a clean firmware ?

6. randomstarlight

randomstarlight Member

if by clean you mean stable except for a few bugs here and there (emphasizing the few) it's running smoothly. what i personally like about it is that it is specifically designed for Spica and the project has very determined developpers. if you need a recomandation i'd personally choose Samdroid.