• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help - stuck at bootloader

Viralmind

Android Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2010
I have tried multiple things, but I'm still stuck at the boot loading screen with the X.

I had cyan 5.0.4. - I wiped and flashed to 5.0.5 and now i cannot get past the boot.

I've tried booting back into recovery and wiping and doing a nandroid recovery to 'amon's recovery 1.7.0' but to no avail.

nothing i do works. any help would be appreciated. =)

ok, I went back to Cyanogen's site and re-downloaded the 505 ROM. - same issue.
After that, I rebooted into recovery and wiped and flashed the previous 504 Rom. - now it boots.

Something doesn't like the 505 ROM.

EDIT: 5.0.5 now works.

basically after i got 405 working i just went back to recovery and WITHOUT WIPING i flashed 505.

works great so far!

Upvote 0
oops!! i forgot that you were stuck at the boot loop. My bad. on a side note i just used cm update to go to 5051 with no problems. i tried to flash from scrap and nothing. Went back to 505 and updated without a hitch.....Im tempted to check out the desire ROM, with it still in alpha, I'M kinda chicken shit about trying! LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones