• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

**Help! Stuck at Vibrant Logo

rsvp214

Lurker
Oct 7, 2012
Hi,

I have been stuck on the white Vibrant and Samsung logo. This is what happened and what I've done:

1. Rooted this over a year and half ago, ended up with issues so re-flashed with Odin to stock.
- Didn't do anything after that except install some theme changing apps. Superuser is still there.

2. Recently, installed 3 fonts to the phone using FontInstaller.

3. The last one that was installed - got installed, and reboot process started, but ended up stuck on the Vibrant logo.

4. Tried to re-flash what feels like 100 different ways... but nothing worked. I can get into Download Mode and Recovery Mode, but everytime I try to re-install packages. It gives me an error [E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip] Since I can't get pass the Vibrant logo, I can't check if it is there. And probably because I've tried to reflash so many times, Odin does not recognize my phone. My computer makes the sounds for a connect device but nothing shows up.....

Any suggestions or ideas to help get my phone back... or is it bricked beyond repair?? I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones