HELP: Stuck in Airplane ModeSupport

1. rhodell

rhodell Member

Hello to all
    LG Esteem rooted working fine until it froze (not extremely uncommon)
    After initial rebooting I saw a number of first time icons up in the info bar with a large rounded grey X and another one I couldn't make up but something to the effect NO SIM CARD
    Pressed the airplane mode button once to see if cutting all incoming and outcoming signals frees up the device
    Ever since I'm stuck in airplane mode for good.
    Booted a number of times, removed battery, tried all kind of things but nothing worked.

Any ideas?

(BTW I entered the Settings and the "Call Settings" category is greyed out.
    The first tab "Wireless & Networks" shows "Airplane Mode" Greyed so can't do much from there either.
    Last tab on "Wireless & Networks" which reads "Mobile Networks" is also greyed out.
    When I check the "Status" in the "About Phone" tab I see UNKNOWN for "My Phone Number" - "MIN" - "PRL version" - "ICC ID" - "Network" - "Mobile Network Type")

Advertisement
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

You are in test mode. Press the # key on the dialer to confirm. If it goes to the hidden menu, you will need to follow this guide.

http://androidforums.com/esteem-all...ide-test-mode-no-service-fix-hidden-menu.html
  3. rhodell

rhodell Member

Thanks you VERY much my friend
    I was on my way to follow your guide when by total accident I found a way to turn OFF the airplane mode.
    I was about to reboot from top button to start fresh for the guide when I saw the menu appearing with the 3 options SILENT - AIRPLANE - TURN OFF and I selected the airplane mode from there AND IT WORKED
    Now I might be having some issues with the screen on that particular upper right corner where the plane icon appears but I'm too scared to test it right now (lol)
    I'm leaving it as it is and hope that it doesn't get stuck again

THANKS immensely for your reply however since it seems you put quite an effort to my rescue
    Sincerely appreciate it.
    Fuzzy13 likes this.