help-stuck in bootloaderSupport

Last Updated:

1. quietguy

quietguy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have flashed with rsd 2 tiwce without error message but the phone is stuck in bootloader. I have pulled battery after the flask but the phone wont boot into anything...please help.

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

What do you mean, "stuck in bootloader"?

You mean when you just straight put in the battery, the phone boots into the actual bootloader, where it says it's ready to accept a flash image?

What is actually happening when you insert the battery? Do you get the Droid red eye? If so, you need to insert the battery and QUICKLY hold the power + home buttons, then when the little android dude appears, hit the search button, scroll down to factory wipe and hit okay.

3. quietguy

it went strait to boot loader "battery ok ready to program ...etc..".
    power and home does nothing, as soon as you hit power it went to bootlader screen.

4. binary visions

When you flash with RSD, do you get to the point where it says 100% and specifically asks you to power up the phone? I can't remember the message exactly, but it's something like "Manually power up phone now."

5. quietguy

rsd says finished and reboot the phone, only the phone was rebooted in bootloader again, flashed 4 times.

6. binary visions

Very odd. Sorry, you're out of my knowledge base now - I can't imagine why it seems to be permanently booting directly into the bootloader. I guess I'd probably pull the battery and wait a couple minutes, then pop it back in and hold power + home to try and interrupt it.

7. quietguy

thanks anyways, once in a while it will boot into the M logo and stuck there as well..... I guess it needed to be returned.

8. rosebud1

rosebud1 New Member

Hello, I am a new user. I got my droid x from someone and it is stuck on the M logo when I turn it on. However, when I plug it to my computer, it goes to Bootloader 30.04, Battery OK, OK to Program, Transfer Mode: USB
    I have tried some of the things on the website like pressing and holding power key while holding down home key but it is not working. The M logo just comes, then the screen will black out, and the M logo comes back again. I have also tried the battery pull, still no such luck. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I might do? I do not know anything about sbf, flashing, gingerbread, and all that other stuff. I am totally clueless. PLEASE HELP!!!!:eek:

9. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, I believe you have pull the battery, and hold home + power WHILE putting the battery in. You can't turn it on and THEN do it.

There are a few other ways to boot into recovery mode I believe, don't remember any offhand but if you check one of the rooting guides (roooler's I think is good) they'll list some. I'll look it up in a bit if you haven't found anything.