• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! STUCK IN CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVER v4.0.0.9

You are very lucky that it is still alive, when people install ROM MANAGER in ACE, it usually kills their device. Try to flash a stock firmware through Odin.

I don't know where you read that you have to use rom manager to flash recovery on this phone, lucky it didn't fry your motherboard. In the future, keep that rom manager app away from this phone!!

Reactions: RickCah
Upvote 0
You are very lucky that it is still alive, when people install ROM MANAGER in ACE, it usually kills their device. Try to flash a stock firmware through Odin.

I don't know where you read that you have to use rom manager to flash recovery on this phone, lucky it didn't fry your motherboard. In the future, keep that rom manager app away from this phone!!

Oh my god :( thank you so much. I will immediately try flash with odin. But how can i flash with odin if i stuck in cwm recovery? . did it just need usb,opsfile,stockrom and download mode?

I read in some site, they said recommend use cwm 5. but in ace just 4.0.0.9 okay i will curse rom manager from my phone:mad:. oh yeah, if i flash with odin did the rom manager will erase?
Sorry for my bad english. THANKS

Upvote 0
Oh my god :( thank you so much. I will immediately try flash with odin. But how can i flash with odin if i stuck in cwm recovery? . did it just need usb,opsfile,stockrom and download mode?

I read in some site, they said recommend use cwm 5. but in ace just 4.0.0.9 okay i will curse rom manager from my phone:mad:. oh yeah, if i flash with odin did the rom manager will erase?
Sorry for my bad english. THANKS

Use the CWM 5.0.2.6 its the latest for ACE. Look over at xda, there is a tutorial to flash it through the stock recovery menu, no need to use rom manager or any other recovery managing app.
Odin flash completely wipes out the software and installs a new one in its place, so whatever used to be there is now gone and you have a new firmware ready for work.

Upvote 0
Use the CWM 5.0.2.6 its the latest for ACE. Look over at xda, there is a tutorial to flash it through the stock recovery menu, no need to use rom manager or any other recovery managing app.
Odin flash completely wipes out the software and installs a new one in its place, so whatever used to be there is now gone and you have a new firmware ready for work.

Okay, i will use it. thank you. Can i PM you and ask about how you install that custom ROM PAC? because i just download it and flash with CWM 4. but cwm say installation aborted..?

Upvote 0
You can pm me, always glad to help. Although i still haven't figured out how the paranoidandroid settings work, for now i am on phone ui only, been having trouble setting up the tablet ui. Rest is all the usual CM and AOKP settings merged together. Its a great concept but as always our phone is not suited to run this heavy software and so it lags alot.

Anyways most of the roms these days need cwm 5, old versions won't work as you have already seen.

Upvote 0
All CM9/10 roms will have this lag, android 4.0+ needs a lot of ram and our phone has a very minimum amount, don't know about the lite version it might be a bit less laggy. But still the rom is usable if u add some performance mods into it.
Like overclock it, add any ram management script, use task killers and keep the free memory near 70mb and you won't have much problem with it.
I am using it for a few weeks now, it was really difficult getting started on it but once you get used to the interface and the settings then its much cooler than any CM7 rom.

Upvote 0
Help me, i just Root and install Rom manager and i install clockworkmod recovery v.4.0.0.9
I want to test cwm recovery by restart my phone go to recovery mode. it just work. but when i reboot system. it back again to recovery mode! Please help meeee:(

Hi RickCah,

I also encountered the same hang up with my SGA. Want to know if you still have the recovery file/s. I already downloaded many recovery files but still not working. My phone still hang-up. Pls help.. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi RickCah,

I also encountered the same hang up with my SGA. Want to know if you still have the recovery file/s. I already downloaded many recovery files but still not working. My phone still hang-up. Pls help.. Thanks.

Hi guys,
I also encounterd the same problem with you two.. i've already read what you guys were talking about but I still don't get what flash Odin was.. could you guys please explain how i install or use the flash Odin? because until now my SGA still hanged-up.. please help me, thanks before

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones