• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Stuck In Recovery

dmbfan041

Aug 5, 2010
I was following this tutorial,
TUTORIAL: Using ROM Manager for Updating ROMS - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I got to step 3 to make a backup of what I currently have, I did not install any previous ROMS it was just stock 2.2, I just finished rooting. It reset, but I'm stuck with just the triangle with the yellow exclamation point and the droid next to it. I don't know what to do, there are no menu options, and the volume rocker and power button aren't working as controls.

It doesn't sound like Clockwork Recovery took when you flashed it in step 2. I would pull the battery and reboot. Then go back into Rom manager and Flash the Clockwork Recovery. It should show you the current version installed.

Then when you reboot into recovery, it should show the ClockworkMod recovery menu.

Sometimes Clockwork doesn't flash right the first time. You may have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the ROM manager menu and select "Flash Alternate Recovery" then re-flash Clockwork and it should work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones