Help! Stuck on Android screen...

Last Updated:

1. zonzi

zonzi New Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched and cannot find an answer which will solve my problem. I believe it's called boot looping? Sorry this is going to be a long read, but please bear with me.

It originally happened after I rooted my phone (original 1.5 software) following these directions: How To: Root the Samsung Behold 2 | The Unlockr. After that, I deleted DinerDash2, Midnight Bowling, Where's Waldo, IM, Talk, Amazon MP3, MyFaves, Telenav, HotSpot, Audio Postcard, Postcard.apk.

When I tried to reboot my phone, I was stuck on the Samsung screen. I finally got the screen to go away, but a message repeatedly popped up saying the TwLauncher closed unexpectedly.

Then I tried using ODIN and installing BH_Man's factory v1.6 http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/63612-port-behold-ii-factory-1-6-a.html. I used the adb commands to delete the bloatware again. Restarted the phone and got the same problem. (Except I was stuck on the android screen.)

I tried to install the factory v1.6 again, then immediately did a factory restore, and then rebooted my screen once it loaded. Everything seemed okay. I uninstalled the stock games and rebooted again... it seemed to be working. When I uninstalled more apps (including CubeLauncher) and restarted the phone... I got the same problem again!! :mad:

What do I do? Did I uninstall something I am not supposed to? I think I might try installing the 1.6 No Twiz Kernel. I am sick of these "TwLauncher closed unexpectedly" messages.

Advertisement
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Try the Odin with 1.6 No Twiz be sure that you put in the behold2.ops file as well as the 1.6 No Twiz file and make sure the no Twiz file is on PDA if you haven't already...

3. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

do not uninstall the cube launcher, for that is what I believe to be giving you FC's

4. zonzi

zonzi New Member This Topic's Starter

I did that before, but thanks anyway. I'll make sure I do it this time too.

The first two times I did not uninstall the cube launcher, so I don't think that's what caused the first two FCs, but possibly the last one.

Okay I've installed the one without Twiz, and the homescreen is completely different. I've even rebooted it.. and no FC's! :)

5. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

The Boot loop is Due to MyFaves being removed...
    It took some work on the No Twiz version regarding this... MyFaves is tied into the system on the factory Rom's & I had to remove it..

everything you removed was fine up until you removed MyFaves..

6. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Hey BH_MAN is it ok to remove device managment from the stock build or is it tide into the system as well?

7. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

if your Running stock, idk... I've never tried it... But you would lose the option regarding updates

8. famished

famished Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have BH_Man's stock 1.6 loaded and I really just want to get rid of the pre-installed games (Diner Dash2, Midnight Bowling and Where's Waldo). Is it possible to do this and not have anything crash? So far, from what I've read, it seems like trying to remove things cause crashes and I really like the ROM so far and don't want things to go south. Thanks!