HELP!!! Stuck on white HTC quietly brilliant screen

Last Updated:

1. umrico

umrico Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I am on fresh 2.1b2 as of yesterday and without any problems. Today I used the pre-kitchen 0.2 to install applications footprints, IM, Quick Office, Sound Recorder and Sprint TV. It finished and rebooted the phone and now ist suck on the white htc quielty brilliant screen. What do I do? Sigh...

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

did you make a nandroid backup?

3. umrico

unfortunetly not as I didnt think installing apps would break it, just maybe FC things. Am I screwed? I'd hate to start all over already installed and configured about 100 apps since last night sigh...

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

You may have to RUU. Always make a nandroid backup, it is part of the tutorial :)

As a side note, pre-kitchen works with Fresh 1.1 and some other 1.5 ROM's. It does NOT work with 2.1 ROM's (this is stated somewhere).

5. umrico

Damn it I missed those disclaimers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you point me in the right direction on RUU so I don't mess anythign else up please?

6. ccapasso

Are you able to boot into recovery?

If so you can try this:

Boot into recovery. If you have the ROM zip file still on your phone, you should be able to do a wipe and then flash it again. If you don't have it on your phone, you can enable USB, put the signed zip (ROM) on your sd card, disable USB, wipe and try flashing it again.

Let us know what happens.

Here is info on the RUU:

umrico likes this.
  7. umrico

Yes I have the rom and can get to recovery. My only question is am i going to lose all the apps and settings i put in? Id like to avoid that if possible?

8. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

and after getting it back to a base ROM... make a nandroid backup..

yes you'll lose everything... look at it this way.. either redo it all... or have a phone stuck in a boot loop..

and make a backup before changing anything on the phone...

9. ccapasso

No offense, I think the apps you just put in are the least of your worries :).

If they are apps you paid for, you will not have to pay again, they are tied to your google account. You will however have to re-install your apps, yes.

Make sure you WIPE as stated.

10. umrico

I learned that one quick :) LOL thanks for the reminder...

11. umrico

Oh that is going to hurt.....

I only have one app that I paid for nothing illegal as I don't even know how.

Is there not one or two things to try like clearing a cache or something or uninstalling the programs somehow before starting over??? :/

If not, Ill go ahead and pull the trigger...thanks for your help

12. ccapasso

Technically, you could use adb to pull all of your apps off, then push them back on, but it is a bit involved and would require you to use the command line. Truthfully, just Wipe and flash the ROM again :).

13. umrico

One last question please...I have RA 1.5.2...should I go ahead and update to the latest 1.6.2? If so, how do I do that? I already have it on SD card. Do I click on "flash zip from sdcard?" Or do I have to do this from windows command line and follow the guide that I followed to originally hack this?

Thanks!!!

14. ccapasso

15. umrico

Thanks, Ill report back in a while!!

16. umrico

I am back on default 2.1b2 Fresh install now...

17. ccapasso

Glad to hear. Now make your nandroid backup, take a deep breath and relax. All is well :).

18. ccapasso

Also, as a pointer/tip, I really wouldn't recommend installing a ton of apps to begin with and here is why. Each app is different, some are good others not so much. Many people root their phone, install a ton of apps, and then complain about battery life or something else. Usually, this is a result of a faulty or bad app. I recommend only installing a few at a time, and make sure you phone is stable.

Also, many have reported that there is a 70app limit, so I would NOT go over that as it has been known to cause issues as well :)

19. umrico

Is this still only for GSM phones only? I just bumped into a thread stating no Sprint. I am surprised I didnt see that comment anywhere else though. I almost loaded it...

recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img

20. umrico

I have 106 in my excel sheet including all the stock apps that come in the applications screen such as settings, camera, recorder, etc... most of which get installed :(

21. umrico

Disregard at the top of this one particular page it says [Recovery] CDMA Sprint [07-Mar-2010] RA-heroc-v1.6.2 .....how confusing the information ou tthere is!!! Now I have to install it.

22. umrico

OK...so I got the 1.6.2 in....I downloaded a terminal emulator and popped in su and the command to put the new RUU image in. 0 probs! My next objective is to use apps2SD. Does this come with the phone or not? I have already partitioned the SD card for 1 gig/15 gig ext2/fat32. If apps2SD is not installed, I need to figure out how to do it!!!

23. ccapasso

Apps2SD is all based on the ROM. Some have it enabled, others do not. Refer to your Specific ROM and read up on it. If you have the card partitioned correctly and the ROM has it enabled, it will work automatically.

24. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

pre kitchen works fine on fresh rom 2.0 2.0b and 2.0b2 also damage control 1.0 havent tried any others but it works fine to push files and apps back to the phone .....always a good idea to reboot phone after pushing each app back

25. noidea`

noidea` Active Member

Also, just incase, copy the nandroid out of the SD card. Do not cut. If you cut and you need to nandroid back, you may not be able to mount the SD card through the phone ;)
    (I found this out this weekend)