• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help swapping D1-D2

HOTHEAD

Nov 6, 2009
New to D2 forum, have been on the D1 forum and found it to be a great help in the past.

OK, bought the wife a D2 for Christmas, and Verizon gave me the buy 1 D2 get 1 free. I currently have a D1 and was wondering what the easiest way to swap my phones. I realize that Google will move my contacts, but how about my apps? I dont think all my apps are stored on SD, so what do I need to know about this? Also my D1 is rooted (a friend did it for me) but there are apps that I use all the time like wireless tether, what do I do about that? It's going to suck having to move all my desktop icons, widgets, set up screens, set up a few email accounts again, and link FB. and I'm not really that "techy". Man what a PITA.

Any help that will make this less painful would be greatly appreciated. Also need to move Astro, titanium pro, Set CPU, and Rom manager.

Lastly, the wife is moving from the env3 to the D2, any way to move her contacts without going into the store?

As always, thank you in advance
Regards
HOTHEAD

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones