Help: Syncing Music is an Absolute Nightmare

Last Updated:

1. Evoke

Evoke Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Androids,

I got my Evo 4g and I'm absolutely in love with it, but getting music to show up in ANY music player without a flaw is an absolute nightmare.

If I use Tunesync the music all gets onto the card, but the playlists don't appear.
    If I use Doubletwist, not only does the sync take millennia, the playlists do not show up and I get duplicate playlists.
    If I use Salling Media, I have the same problem I have with playlist, and I get an error about source files not being htere.

After over 6 hours of googling and more than 5 sd card reformats, I'm abotu to give up. Have any users succeeded in getting all the playlists to show up with no duplicates and all of the songs they wanted? If so, how?

Thanks so much.

Advertisement
  2. biggamer3

biggamer3 Well-Known Member

I use DT and the sync does take a while but the playlists show up normal

3. Evoke

Congratulations, I hope to meet the same success. Just to be specific, I have tried DT on both Mac (using the playlist drag and drop method) and on Windows without success. When I tried it on Windows, it filled up the SD card to max capacity and I got an error every time I opened DT that said the DT encountered an error on the SD card.

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I just drag and drop the whole folder to "My Music" folder in the Evo. For me, nothing can be simpler. :)

5. Evoke

Thanks for the quick response! That's not really an option for me though because I'm using the stock 8gb card and my entire music collection is >8gb. That's why I only want to sync the music in a few select playlists.

6. EVO-DROID

EVO-DROID Well-Known Member

Itunes agent is what its called I think. It allows itunes to recognize your Evo, and creates a playlist folder that you just drag and drop it goes straight to your evo. Works great for me.

7. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

That sucks. I'm sure there's a way. I'm just content at my drag and drop method. Did anyone tried to sync their device with WMP?

8. ceothachosen1

ceothachosen1 Member

isyncr

Evoke likes this.
  9. ffsxray

ffsxray New Member

I'm using Tunesync and btunes and having the same problem! It's driving me nuts, I've formatted my card to re-sync all over before and that fixed it for a few days, but it came back. This is annoying!

Hopefully a solution turns up.

10. EVO-DROID

EVO-DROID Well-Known Member

Evoke likes this.
  11. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

my doubletwist makes doubles of every song every time i sync. its so annoying

12. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

DoubleTwist sucks, try MediaGo. Its a Sony product but it will read iTunes playlist.
    I use it since I still like keeping my PSP updated.

13. scott2055

scott2055 Member

another vote for isyncr

Evoke likes this.
  14. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

I use banshee on Linux, bout ad seamless as itunes for me

15. Evoke

What a great community. I'm trying isyncr and will post results when I'm done.

16. Evoke

isyncr WORKED!!

TuneWiki is able to see all of my music! Just one more problem: In the Evo built-in music app, every time I try to scroll to the playlists tab, I get a freeze and have to force close the player. Also, if I click the widget for it, it brings me to the coverflow screen but only 100 songs show up. Also, doubletwist is only showing 2 of my several playlists and not all of my songs. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? I really like the DT interface on Android, so I'd like to use it if possible.

17. sheltem

sheltem Member

Try JRiver Media Jukebox.

I have used the paid version, JRiver Media Center for many years over many different devices, from my first smartphone, the Audiovox SMT5600 (Windows Mobile Smartphone 2003!) to now.

18. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Just copy the albums or artists you want over. What's the big deal? This has to be the easiest phone I have ever had to add media to the onboard storage.

19. noobcake

noobcake Member

People have been so accustomed to iTunes; now most can't even drag and drop selected files.

20. Ninjac

Ninjac Member

I was looking at this, since I just wanted to move my playlists I wanted. I have well over 10g of music...so yeah, that's not fitting on the card.

I ended up using ITunes Agent. Easy to use, and all I had to do was link my music folder on the Evo. After that just drop my playlist on my Evo's playlist that showed up in the Playlist folder as "Mobile Device". Nice and easy. Drag and drop music works as well, but it does not work when you have a custom made playlist, which is basically 80% of my music.

21. nathanjr

nathanjr Member

While I'm one of the old school pre-iPod people who just copies folders over, I do think HTC should include some hot folder or other synching for this phone with their other synch program. If they want to keep iPhone customers they're going to have to bring it down to a level everybody can understand.

22. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Well-Known Member

Doubletwist worked for me and took all the limewire songs and transferred them over. I would say that actually took about 5 minutes and i am terriblw when it comes to that. My only isssue is now deleting some songs as it brought over all of my wifes songs as well.

23. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

What they said. I dropped Double Twist for Isyncr and haven't looked back. It took about 10 minutes to sync around 11 gigabytes of songs and podcasts.

24. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

What is Salling Media?

25. Tan Stewie

Tan Stewie Member

+1. It works great for me too.