Help testing MomentFlash on Nexus one

Last Updated:

1. jvrobert

jvrobert Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - I develop an application originally intended for the Samsung Moment, but it's grown to support a few other phones and it _seems_ that adding support for the Nexus One was trivial, so I did it.

The problem is I don't have a Nexus One (yet) so can't test.

Can someone try out the attached APK file (copy to sdcard and install with an app install tool, or use 'adb install' on it) and let me know if it works?

Also, could you tell me the text it prints across the top of the screen?

If you hit the red button, it should turn on the LED.
    If you long-hit the red button while the LED is on, it should (?) go into "Bright Mode" (don't use this for long). For this to work, go to Configuration and enable Bright Mode first.
    If you hit the red button again, it should turn off.
    You can also add a widget to your homescreen that you can tap to turn on the flash (or double tap for bright mode, if enabled).

All of the above assumes, of course, that it works at all ;)

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    defiantbeast likes this.
  2. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member

I tried out your app when you started to mod it for the behold 2 nd it was one of my favorite apps so im excited!!!! google/passion is whats at the top of the screen, unfortunately nothing happens when i hit the button or enabled bright mode.The led did not turn on, same thing with the widget. Let me know what else i can do

3. jvrobert

jvrobert Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oops, I guess the Nexus one unfortunately requires root to manage the LED flash. That's kind of lame.

If there's enough interest I could add support for using root to change the permissions, but it'll probably have to wait until I get ahold of an N1.

4. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

So this is just another torch app? ::Yawn::