Help, Texting problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Spam16v

Spam16v New Member This Topic's Starter

VZW network, ported from AT&T, Samsung Continuums for both the wife and I.

Problem: Can't text her, and she can't text me. Nature of the problem is when I go to contacts and select send message a "+" is added to the beginning of her number, if i delete the + it'll go through once, or twice. Then when I exit to the home screen and go back, it's back. Same with her, but it affects many more of her contacts. I've flushed my Gmail of her contact, cleared call logs, cleared everything, and just typed in her number and it adds the + when i go to add text to the message.... very frustrating.

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Moved to the Continuum thread...should have more luck getting an answer here ;)

3. VZWguyNH

VZWguyNH Well-Known Member

1. Have to take out the batterie and put it back in?
    2. Go into setting> about phone>then system update
    3. if this does not work dial *228 hit send and then option 2

let me know if any of this works

4. dfgged

dfgged Well-Known Member

If that doesn't work, have you tried just leaving it there? Maybe it'll send it if you don't mess with the number.
    Just my 2 cents.

5. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

go to http://www.google.com/contacts

log in using your gmail login/password, find her contact, and edit the number to no longer have the +1 in front of it. seems strange, but it'll work.

6. spc

spc Member

I have the same problem.. it seems that after I delete the +1 then I text the person it works.. but when the person texts me the +1 comes back.. (i'm on verizon with a samsung fascinate)

it's pretty frustrating..
    spc

7. dfgged

dfgged Well-Known Member

That +1 is just to show that it is coming from the US. You could just leave it there, or if the contacts are linked with google, go to your Gmail and remove the +1.

8. spc

spc Member

The problem is that I can't text if there is a +1 in front of the number, i've had many phones in my life and this is the very first that hasn't allowed me to text with a +1 in front of a number.. i think it's dumb.. although this is my first time with Verizon and my first android phone (samsung fascinate) so I don't know if it's a network issue or a hardware/software issue.

oh and when I remove the (in google or directly in my phone) +1 I can text out, however, when I recieve a text from a certain number (so far mainly Canadian numbers) it automatically ADDS the +1 back into the conversation.. so if i want to reply i have to remove the entire conversation before i can text back.. very frustrating..

shawn

9. spc

spc Member

The problem is that I can't text if there is a +1 in front of the number, i've had many phones in my life and this is the very first that hasn't allowed me to text with a +1 in front of a number.. i think it's dumb.. although this is my first time with Verizon and my first android phone (samsung fascinate) so I don't know if it's a network issue or a hardware/software issue.

oh and when I remove the (in google or directly in my phone) +1 I can text out, however, when I recieve a text from a certain number (so far mainly Canadian numbers) it automatically ADDS the +1 back into the conversation.. so if i want to reply i have to remove the entire conversation before i can text back.. very frustrating..

shawn

10. spc

spc Member

actually it's not even when I recieve a text.. if i close the texting program down and re-open it it automatically adds the +1 to the SMS (but not in the actual contact)

any ideas.. anyone???

11. Zong00

Zong00 New Member

I had the same problem with one contact always having a +1 put in front of the number and then texts failing to only that contact. Verizon support said to do a hard reset. I tried several other things first and installing and using Handcent instead of the built in messaging app worked.

Good luck